How is it Thanksgiving time already!?
Back in October, Art and I adopted a sweet dachshund from a local animal shelter. He's about 5 years old, completely house broken and crate-trained--all those things that are so challenging with a puppy. We named him Schroeder, and he loves to cuddle with us on the couch, play with his duck toy, and go on walks. (I'd post a picture, but blogger is having issues tonight).

In November, we hosted a Mad Men-themed Housewarming Party. I really enjoyed trying out retro recipes and pinning my hair up in a 60's-style bouffant. We sprinkled boxes of candy cigarettes around the apartment, which became a huge hit.
Last weekend Art and I saw Harry Potter (and I'm not ashamed to say I cried!) and went to New York City Opera for the first time. It was nice to have some time for a date or two.
Tonight, I've begun prepping for Thanksgiving dinner. The in-laws are coming to us this year, so I am responsible for cooking the whole meal--an exciting yet daunting task! I think I've called my mom about 100 times asking her for advice on amounts of food, her recipes, and cooking tips. And I'm sure I'll call another 100 more. On Friday, Art's brother and family are coming to visit as well. Since this is their first time in NYC we have two full days of sight-seeing planned.