13 February 2010

Snow!

New York got another big snow storm over the past few days, dumping close to a foot of snow, maybe more. Today, I made Art take a brief stroll through Central Park with me to document how lovely the snow looks. Having not grown up in place where snow is a normal winter occurrence, I still get quite excited by snow, even if I have to trudge through the slush to get to work.
Did I find the entrance to Narnia? Perhaps...

After a busy day of running errands and doing chores at home, I made a batch of zucchini bread--one loaf for our breakfasts this week and the other as a treat for our Fellowship Group on Tuesday. Tomorrow, I plan to make homemade honey wheat bread. I tried tonight, but my yeast didn't activate. Silly guys, I guess I overheated them in the warm milk. Homemade bread sounds just perfect for a snowy weekend.

I've also been very much into the Olympics these past few weeks. I am amazed by the talent of the athletes, especially the ski jumpers and mogul skiers who do crazy flips in the air. I can hardly imagine myself going down a bunny hill, let alone trying to flip in the air with long sticks attached to my feet. The ice skating is also wonderful. I was able to go skating in Central Park last weekend with a few friends, which was a fun outing, minus the ba-zillion people on the rink with us. But that is the story of New York.