22 March 2010

A rainy weekend

Recently, my dad and brother came to visit New York. My dad came for business, and my brother was able to tag along. We had a great weekend together, despite the torrential rains and wild winds. We ate dinner down in the Village on Friday night. On Saturday, Greg and I went down to Soho so he could pick up a babka, then we lunched at the Peanut Butter Co. Peanut butter is a favorite staple in our household. My brother, an avid Seinfeld fan, insisted we visit the Seinfeld diner, so we snapped a quick photo and headed back to my apartment to dry off.On Sunday before they left, we all went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Museums just make me happy and I always leave inspired and wishing I was better at my art.Speaking of art...I've been working on a lot of projects lately--knitting, embroidery, and painting. I'll try to post pictures soon.