My mom "reminded" me tonight that I haven't posted in a while, so this post is for her.
At the end of January, our fellowship group took a weekend getaway to the Jersey Shore. We took a brief venture out to the beach, which was only steps from our condo, but it was a bit too cold to stay out for more than 20 minutes. I don't think I've ever remembered seeing snow on the sand before! I was amused to be wearing Ugg boots and a knit hat with the waves crashing nearby.
We played games of Guesstures, Euchre, and Settlers of Catan and enjoyed relaxing away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
February was rather a blur of too much snow. For Presidents' Day, Art and I took advantage of our day off to enjoy the city. We ate lunch at Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill and looked for books at Strand. That night, we saw my (second) favorite baritone, Dmitri Hvorostovsky in recital at Carnegie Hall.
Though February felt endless, March soon arrived and has as quickly come to a close.
Last weekend, Art and I went on a couple's retreat in the Catskills with our church. It was a great weekend meeting new people and spending time with other couple's our age. We had several great sessions and went on a nature hike to see a waterfall.
Yesterday, Art and I went to a quilt exhibit hosted by the American Folk Art Museum. It was really inspiring to see the handy work of so many women, and hand quilting was especially detailed and lovely.
Well, that's a bit about what I've been up to. I certainly can't wait for spring!

