21 July 2010

Melissa's Wedding

Last week one of my best and dearest friends, Melissa, got married in California. She was the Maid of Honor in Art's and my wedding, and I was a bridesmaid in hers. With all the wedding activities I was going non-stop from the time my plane landed until I crawled into bed after the wedding Friday night.
The whole wedding party wore Converse, even the adorable ring bearers and flower girls.My daddy and me.
And my mum and me.My dad helped to take pictures during the ceremony.The beautiful bride and her father.The flowers were gorgeous! I wish I could have taken my bouquet back to New York, but I didn't want to deal with it on the plane.Melanie, the Maid of Honor, Lindsay, and I danced with the flower girls, since we didn't have dates. Then Lindsay caught the bouquet! Will she be the next one down the aisle?! And the bride's brother caught the garter.The party finally wound down just before midnight. Lindsay and I helped to clean up before heading home.
On Saturday, I relaxed a home, took advantage of my parents pool, and helped my mom cook dinner. I also got to visit Melody and Spencer. Its always wonderful to catch up with old friends in person.
I was sad to go back to my quiet apartment in New York on Sunday. Thankfully, I get to see Art is less than a week, and he'll be home in two. I'll be happy to have him home.