Art and I had a wonderful time in Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving. We took the train out Tuesday morning, and I thoroughly enjoyed the relaxing trip through the Pennsylvanian countryside. On Wednesday we had lunch in downtown with a college friend and I stopped at the new Dozen to satisfy my cupcake fix. (I'm sorry New York, but your cupcakes just don't cut it.) While in downtown, I noticed that The Little Foxes was playing at the Public Theatre, so I convinced Art to take me to the show that night.Thanksgiving day started with the Macy's parade followed by the AKC dog show (we rooted for the Bulldog), then we had a traditional meal complete with a 24 lb turkey!
On Friday, Art and I braved the mall and laughed at the impatience of the suburbanites as they tried to find a parking spot. I found some good deals on Land's End clothes at Sears. That afternoon, Art's brother Chris and his family came down, and it was time for Thanksgiving leftovers.
Saturday, we took our niece ice skating in Schenley Park. She did very well for only her second time on skates, and was determined to get around the rink on her own without falling, which she did towards the end of the skating session.
Another long train ride on Sunday, and we were back in NY and back to our routine.
Since we were away on the weekend, we decorated our apartment for Christmas just last night.
I love to unwrap all my ornaments collected over the years and arrange them on our 3 foot tree, and to hang our stockings over the radiator, since there is no fireplace.
This weekend, I plan to devote myself to baking cookies and candies. We finally bought cookie-cutters this year, so I can make cut-out sugar cookies. I'll try to remember to post my baked goodies once they are done.