16 October 2009

As I am

Tonight I was listening to Kristin Chenoweth's "As I Am" CD. I highly recommend checking it out. One of my favorite songs on the cd is the hymn "Just as I am." So simple and true.

Just as I am, without one plea,

but that thy blood was shed for me,
and that thou bidst me come to thee,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, and waiting not
to rid my soul of one dark blot,
to thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, though tossed about
with many a conflict, many a doubt,
fightings and fears within, without,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, thy love unknown
hath broken every barrier down;
now, to be thine, yea thine alone,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.