08 April 2009

Almost Spring

Thank goodness blah March is over and we are into April. I can tell spring is just around the corner, and it couldn't come fast enough!
Last weekend was quite busy for Art and me. He had his first show of the month The Beggar's Opera, which overall received a positive review in the NY Times from one of its top theatre critics. Not only did I watch Art perform, but on Sunday, I went to two other performances featuring two of my friends. First, I headed downtown to the Upright Citizen's Brigade Theater to watch my friend Kara from Fellowship Group in her Improv 101 class final performance. Kevin, another Fellowship Group member, and Ben, Kara's boyfriend, joined me. Afterwards, we walked down to the Village and got some gelato. Sunday had BEAUTIFUL weather. Sunny and 60 degrees. Pure bliss. Next, I headed uptown to see my friend Analise from work in a play written by a friend of hers. It was fun seeing people I don't normally see perform be on the stage.
This week is busy with Good Friday and Easter. Art will be singing in the church choir for Easter, and I am probably going to make lamb, at his request, so I better pull out my Greek cookbook.