Spring has finally come to New York!
As part of my duties at work, I buy cake for office birthdays. As there was a birthday this weekend, I went out to a bakery, under the orders to buy cupcakes. The walk was pleasant, as I passed cherry blossoms and tulips, and it culminated at a delightful little bakery. The shop reminded me of something from the 40s or 50s. Charming cupcakes and scrumptious cakes begged to be eaten from behind the glass counter. I picked a baker's dozen with a mix of vanilla, chocolate, and red velvet cake to take back to the office. They were a big success, so I think we found our new birthday bakery.
Art has been very busy at school with rehearsals for the spring opera. He wasn't originally cast in the main production, and was only working on outreach shows to take to local elementary schools, but the baritone lead (someone they hired, not a student) left the production for one reason or another. Then the powers that be asked Art to take on the role, with about a month to opening night!
Its hard to believe we've been in the city 8 months!