11 February 2008

Costumes and Colin Firth

I am pleased to say I have left the business world (for a short while, at least) and returned to the costme world where I belong. For three weeks, I've been hired to work at a prestigious performing arts university's costume shop helping sew costume for a variety of productions. I wish the job wasn't so short, because I am loving being back in a shop and sewing. Plus, I don't want to have to begin the job search again in a few weeks.
I am hoping to get a job as a dresser for the spring Opera at Art's school, and have sent my resume out to another theatre company, and now I just have to wait to hear back. In the mean time, I will enjoy where I am now and hope it leads to connections for other costume jobs.
There is something exciting about changing jobs every few weeks, and something terrifying as well. Not knowing where your next paycheck is coming from is part of the whole "freelance" experience, I suppose. But I've seen how God has worked things out in the past, like my receptionist job ending a week early so I was available to take the costume job, so I trust that He has something else lined up for me later on.
Last night, PBS aired the classic (yes, it IS a classic) A&E miniseries of Pride and Prejudice. I have seen that movie more times than I can count and own the DVD, but I stilled tuned in. Colin Firth makes me smile! Art even likes the movie too! I had him watch it when we first moved into our apartment before we had TV. Recently he watched part of it again in an English Diction class, and then he put the movie on at home the other night, without my prompting. hehe. I am glad he can enjoy my movies and I can enjoy his. Before P and P came on, I was watching Die Hard. What a contrast!!