I have landed myself in the business world, at least for a short time. This week, I am working as a receptionist for a firm that does something important with money, but I am not quite sure what that something is. The building has an amazing view of the city and Central Park. I am normally not one for heights, but I do love views and this one is spectacular.
A typical day for me at my Big Important Money Company includes ordering breakfast and lunch for the Boss and subsequently going to the lobby to pick up said order; answering the phone a handful of times and recording messages in the log for the Boss; organizing the mail into neat little piles; checking my email and Facebook more times than necessary; and lastly, perusing the Internet for anything to keep me entertained until 5 o'clock when I return home.
It's unfortunate this job only lasts a week, then I'll be thrust back into the world of Housewives, Freelance Artists, or Unemployment. Take your pick.