11 December 2008

Its coming on Christmas...

...they're cutting down trees, putting up reindeer, and singing songs of joy and peace.
Art and I had a quiet Thanksgiving by ourselves. I roasted my first turkey (actually, it was only the breast) and Art baked the pies. These aren't the most flattering pictures, but I thought I'd share.

In the spirit of Christmas, the Met put up its own Christmas tree on the Grand Tier balcony. The tree was donated by the general manager, the scene department decorated it, and the children's choir sang at the lighting.


These are my friends from the Tech department, watching the tree lighting.

Our little tree is up; stockings hanging over the radiator. I've always thought its a bit disappointing that Christmas has to come at the beginnin of winter. Officially, its only 4 days into the season. Come January, the decorations come down, the music stops, the nostalgic movies are taken off TV, and you're left with 2-3 months of freezeing, snowy, gray winter left, so I'll enjoy it while I can.

My boss bought me and my colleague each an Amaryllis plant today. I've been trying to cultivate my green thumb and have been mostly successful with an aloe plant and some green (possibly spider) plant at home. If I remember, I'll photograph the progress of my little Amaryllis flower. Right now its just a bulb that has yet to grow a stem and blossom. They are such pretty flowers, let's hope mine turns out well!